Thursday, September 6

Almost identical...

The most irritating thing about Topshop for me is that their stock just doesn't seem to stick around for long. You go in, try something on but just don't feel like you should buy it. You finally make your mind up to buy it and go marching into the store to find that it has either sold out or they don't have your size. 
As I am a fashion student, I'm well aware how regularly fast fashion retailers change their stock, however Topshop always seem to sell out of my favourite things on a regular basis. An example of this was a gold metallic jacquard mini skirt. It was £40 which is quite a lot to spend on a skirt, however I bought a leather skirt from River Island last year in black and wore it to death, so i figured it would be worth investing in another AW skirt to wear with knitwear. However, the stocks just didn't last. It sold out online almost immediatly and I never even sore the skirt actually in a store. 
Whilst browsing on Missguided this morning, I came across a skirt which is pretty much identical (minus a few details) to the Topshop one, at less than half the price. 
 

The skirt on the left is from Topshop (£40) and the skirt on the right is from Missguided (£18.99). The major difference is the shape. The Topshop skirt is more A-line and doesn't cling to your shape, however the Missguided one is more of a bodycon skirt. 
I finally gave up after looking for the Topshop skirt on ebay and everywhere you can imagine online and decided to give in. Topshop has now brought the skirt back in and it is available online, but our culture now is throw-away fashion and I now no longer want to buy the skirt (typical).
This has taught me to look around online before investing in a new piece as similar garments may be online at a cheaper price.

If you have this skirt, comment and tell me whether it is worth investing in!

xoxox