Friday, August 31

Onesies - Trend or Fad?



The influence of Joey Essex on TOWIE and other celebrities embracing the onesies, has caused them to be the essential Winter loungewear for three years running. From Primark's affordable £12 onesies to the extortionate 'onepiece', everyone either has one or wants one. I admit I am a sucker for onesies and have two of my own. However, they are practical in England as not only can you wear them in Winter, they can be pretty much worn all year round due to our non-existant seasons.

But I can't help but wonder why an oversized baggy sleepsuit would have such an impact on our British high street. Not only are teenagers wearing them, retailers such as Next are now bringing out 'onesies', which makes me think that the target market is getting bigger every year. 

Although they are irresistibly comfy and cosy on a cold Winter's night, I just don't understand how wearing a large babygrow has become such a trend. Will it be a trend that will eventually become a fad, or will it continue to become more popular year on year? 

(I am such a hypocrite, sat in my onesie whilst typing this!)
If you have a onesie, where did you get it from and how much did you pay?

xoxox