Wednesday, January 30

University Project - ASOS

At university, as I am studying Fashion & Textile Management - a lot of the course is based around completing projects on different companies. We have been set a SWOT analysis, and I chose to do mine on ASOS. 

I'm sure you know who ASOS are, but completing a SWOT analysis on them has shown me just how strong a company they really are. Starting in only 2000, and they have recently become the most visited fashion website on the planet - this shows how rapidly they are growing. 

They are based on innovative and new fresh ideas that keeps them above their competition which means they keep growing and growing. With country specific sites for the USA, France, Germany, Italy and Australia, they manage to target a wide variety of markets all over the globe and have increased their customer base from the UK to worldwide. 

Two weeks ago I had an assessment centre at their head office in London. It was exactly what I expected. Minimalist but absolutely stunning. I am just waiting to hear back whether I will be one of the lucky ones who will get to work there for a year! Fingers crossed!

If you are thinking of applying for ASOS for a placement or work experience, I would recommend it. Everyone was so nice and they really help to relax you whilst you're there.

My favourite pieces for menswear at the moment on ASOS are - 

this vintage varsity jacket. From looking at SS13 menswear trends, contrasted sleeves are on trend this season and have been predicted to carry through into AW13 so bag yourself or your boyfriend one of these. 
Image 1 of Vintage Varsity Jacket with Quilted Sleeves 


This bomber jacket is another one of my favourites. Bomber jackets are huge this season, so whether you want a plain black one that you can wear season after season, or want something a bit different, then this burgundy one is perfect!
Image 1 of ASOS MA1 Bomber Jacket

xoxox