Thursday, January 31

Our Latest University Project

We had a briefing today of our latest project. It is to choose a UK high street store, choose a category to look at (e.g. dresses/skirts/t-shirts) and to create a range for an international market for SS14, based on what is in store for SS13! Quite a complex brief!

We then have a budget of 500k, and have to choose where to source the products and in what quantities and finally design a few pieces which would sell in that particular international market. This project is to prepare us for our placements in buying and merchandising.

I am thinking of doing River Island and comparing it to ASOS and Topshop. I have chosen River Island because from working there over Christmas I have an understanding of the company and their competitors and the products they sell.

I am undecided between which category to choose. Either handbags/heels/shirts/tees/shorts/dresses. I need to choose! I best get on with it!

xoxox